Saturday 30 June 2012

Somebody wants me!

Last week I arrived at the hospital - suited and booted, knees like jelly, sick to the pit of my stomach - for THE JOB INTERVIEW

The 1.5 hours of my life that the last 4 years have been building up to - nervous? me? no not at all!

just a small matter of getting through the skills and drills, drug calculation paper and an interview with 2 senior midwives (labour ward co ordinator and consultant midwife in my case!)

I managed to scrape 90% on paper (pass mark), skills were scary but got through it, interview well all I can say is I spoke like a rabid baboon.

but apparently the trust like rabid baboons because I ONLY WENT & GOT OFFERED THE JOB!

Now thats proper scary grown up stuff right? someone believes in me, in the fact I can be a good midwife.

Do you know what that means? It means that perhaps I should start believing in myself!

a small matter of my dissertation passing (yes I finished it and submitted), completing my skills book, 3 x 1k essays, nmc registration and 15 shifts as a student............

How exciting!


2 comments:

  1. That is excellent news. Well done you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Bekie - I got there in the end :)

    ReplyDelete